Monday 25 April 2011

Droid workshop and what the hell was I thinking

The droid workshop was the first environment I worked on. I finished the first version in one and a half day so I was pretty pleased with myself, confident that at this speed I could finish the first episode in no time. You can see the first version below:


Thankfully, I came to my senses quickly and realize that it looked like a POS. So I scrapped the whole thing and re-did it. The new workshop as it stands now looks like this:


I don't always have the luxury of sketching things out properly first, so sometimes my workflow involves haphazardly putting shapes together in my 3D modeler and hopes that it sticks. Fortunately, most of the time it works and the results look good enough. On the flipside, if it doesn't work out I would have wasted a lot of time.

So the lesson learnt here is: In the future, I will try to do more planning before before sinking my time in actual production of any assets, especially key objects and characters.

Here's to the one and a half days of my like I'm never getting back.

No comments:

Post a Comment